UPMC Home Health Aide in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Performs health care procedures under the supervision and direction of the Registered Nurse or therapist according to the written patient care plan. Procedures may include assistance with rehabilitative care and activities of daily living, observing and reporting changes in the patient's condition and completion of the required clinical notes and records.
• Actively practice behaviors associated with SH Service Excellence expectations. Smile at and greet everyone enthusiastically, treat everyone with respect, dignity and C.A.R.E. Be an ambassador for Susquehanna Health. Provide the best C.A.R.E. for our patients no matter what.
• Assists in promoting safety in the home environment.
• Assists in retraining the patient in necessary self-help skills.
• Assists patients with bathing, dressing and activities of personal hygiene.
• Assists with exercises, ambulation and range of motion activities as directed by skilled personnel.
• Assists with feeding.
• Assume responsibility for personal development and education.
• Commit to high quality, safe work; encourage others to have similar standards. Identify processes/systems that could lead to inefficient practices, unsafe conditions, errors or adverse events. Avoid shortcuts to ensure quality and safety measures are not circumvented. Encourage patient and family involvement in processes involving patient safety. Understand that patient safety is everyone's responsibility. Assume responsibility for personal education and performance related to patient safety; report unsafe conditions or events immediately; speak up in a non confrontational and educational manner when seeing a safety breech; develop or participate in a project or action plan to reduce risk or mitigate harm for patients, as appropriate.
• Completes all record keeping and documentation as per policy.
• Encourages the compliance of self-administered medications by the patient.
• Know and follow all organizational/departmental policies/procedures.
• Observes, records, and reports on the general, physical and mental condition of the patient. Communicates pertinent observations and findings to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Provides care to patients under the direction of the skilled professional staff as outlined in the Plan of Care. These duties may include catheter care, skin care, simple dressing changes, taking and recording of vital signs, assisting with transfers.
High School Diploma or equivalent required Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course or the equivalent required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers required within 90 days of hire
• Act 33 Child Clearance
• Act 34 Criminal Clearance
• Older Adult Protective Services Act
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities